Autumn iNaturalist Tutorial (virtual)
Have you watched a wooly bear caterpillar crawling along the ground and wondered what it turned into? Have you watched over a few days as a mushroom popped out of the soil at the base of a tree and grown? Or have you observed the gorgeous fall foliage and wondered which trees produced your favorite autumn color? In this hour long, virtual zoom seminar, you will be introduced to iNaturalist, an app that can be used on your smartphone or computer to help you determine the identity of a particular organism!
We shall go over:
- The difference between iNaturalist & Seek
- How to upload photos taken live in the field AND how to upload later onto your phone
- How to input geotagged locations
- How to take the best pictures possible to identify your subject (going into your camera settings and discussing composition)
- Optional projects will be extended so that you can put your cataloguing and observational skills to the test and see what others have observed in their areas far and wide as well!
There will be plenty of practice & question time as well!
This will be recorded and sent out to all program registrants (even those who couldn’t attend live) after the event, so please register even if you can’t attend!
Program will be recorded and sent out to all registrants, so sign up even if you can’t attend live! Admission is “Pay What You Can”, with a variety of options available (you MUST register even if you choose not to pay so that I can send out the zoom link). A portion of the proceeds supports wildlife conservation efforts and ensures that I can continue creating educational content. Those who pay $15 or more will also get some nature & conservation themed stickers in the mail as a thank you!