Supporting Migratory Birds
Join The Art of Ecology for a summer morning’s workshop, geared towards getting you outside, exploring local habitats, and discovering a few ways that homeowners can take easy actions to protect birds that visit their property as they migrate through.
What to Expect:
During this Supporting Migratory Birds workshop, we shall be taking a walk through a property in the process of creating certified wildlife habitat to take a look at what elements of the habitat will support migratory bird populations. During this plant-for-birds ID walk, participants will also engage in planting demonstrations to learn proper planting techniques that will help your native plants-for-birds thrive and establish themselves, providing important calories and shelter during this cold season. At the end, participants will get to create and take home their own suet feeders as well as a native seed packet designed to support migratory bird populations.
Located at the Winkler property: 261 Old New Road, Doylestown PA, 18901
Admission: $25/pp. A portion of the proceeds is used to restore bird habitats locally in Doylestown! Space is limited to only 15 participants, so be sure to save your space and register early!
These programs are designed for homeowners to learn more about ways to improve habitat for wildlife on their property, however the workshops are open for any age, 10+.
Interested in what other programs & workshops for homeowners the Winkler’s and I will be partnering together for? This Homeowner’s Series will include:
- June 28th, 10-11:30am – Actions to Protect Native Birds
- July 20th, 10-11:30am – Protecting Pollinators with Native Host & Nectar Plants
- August 1st, 9:30-11:30am – Summer Foraging: A Focus on Invasive Plant Removal and Culinary Use
- September 13th, 10-11:30am – Late Season Pollinator Resources
- October 10th, 10-11:30am – Providing for Migratory Birds: Focus on Feeders and Habitats (today’s workshop!)
Subscribe to my eblast HERE for event notifications.