The Art of Ecology builds visual connections between people and the natural world we’re a part of by blending the arts and environmental sciences. While we always have so much fun during the programs designed to get your creative juices flowing while also teaching you about the marvelous ecosystems around us, you may not be local or not have a schedule that lines up with when the programs are scheduled. That doesn’t mean you have to miss out though!
The Art of Ecology offers a handful of programs as a “Workshop in a Box”. Each box contains the materials and instructions needed to create your project and is delivered straight to you! Get creative with this Air Plant Workshop in a Box.
What’s Included in the Air Plant Workshop in a Box kit?
Create trendy little hoop hangers to proudly display your epiphytic air plants!
- 1 bamboo embroidery hoop
- Ribbon for hanging & string for creating the weaving
- 3 Air Plants (Tillandsia varieties may include: T. ionatha, T. bulbosa, T. caput-medusae, T. argentea-fuchsii, T. circinata, or others).
- Hanger creation instructions, Air Plant Care sheet, & QR code to a video tutorial
- Background and ecological role that epiphytes, such as your new air plants, play in the natural world
- Surprise “The Art of Ecology” sticker merch
- Air Plant Mister (optional add-on – $10)
Price per Air Plant “Workshop in a Box” is $40 (includes free shipping!). A portion of the proceeds is donated back to wildlife conservation & habitat preservation efforts. Box ships within 7 business days of ordering. Please note, Air Plant Workshop in a Box is ONLY available to ship April-October in order to prevent air plants from freezing during the shipping process (if ordering outside of the shipping months, your box will be shipped on the next April 1st (or when weather is consistently above 50 degrees Fahrenheit – you will receive a shipping notification).
Explore other DIY nature-themed projects and upcoming programs HERE.