The Art of Ecology builds visual connections between people and the natural world we’re a part of by blending the arts and environmental sciences. While we always have so much fun during the programs designed to get your creative juices flowing while also teaching you about the marvelous ecosystems around us, you may not be local or not have a schedule that lines up with when the programs are scheduled. That doesn’t mean you have to miss out though!
The Art of Ecology offers a handful of programs as a “Workshop in a Box”. Each box contains the materials and instructions needed to create your project and is delivered straight to you! Get creative with this Block Print Workshop in a Box.
What’s Included in the Block Print Workshop in a Box kit?
Choose to create beautiful maple leaf or sunflower decorated tea-towels!
- 2 All-natural (100% cotton) tea towels
- Green fabric paint (for the leaf kit) or yellow (for the sunflower kit)
- Ink Brayer & paint rolling board
- Pre-drawn rubber carving block
- Carving tool
- Buffer to put under your towel as you stamp
- Block-printing instructions & QR code to a video tutorial
- Background and ecological role that either the leaf or the sunflower plays in the natural world
- Surprise “The Art of Ecology” sticker merch
Price per “Workshop in a Box”: Nature Block Printing is $55 (includes free shipping!). A portion of the proceeds is donated back to wildlife conservation & habitat preservation efforts. Box ships within 7 business days of ordering.
Explore other DIY nature-themed projects and upcoming programs HERE.